Looking for something to do this week? The Placer Herald has you covered. Here’s a sample of some of Rocklin’s upcoming events.
For more, check Thursday’s Placer Herald.
Thursday, June 18
· The Rocklin Library is holding two events Thursday:
Summer reading program runs daily through Aug. 1 at the Rocklin Library, 5460 Fifth St. Get a free reading log, track your reading time and get prizes. Info: 624-3133.
Preschool Storytime will be held 11:15-11:45 a.m. Thursdays, through July 30 at the Rocklin Library, 5460 Fifth St. No Preschool Storytime will be held in August. Info: Shari Dearing, 624-3133.
· Also Thursday, join the free health seminar through the Mercy Mobility Tour. The Mercy San Juan Medical Center free health education seminar, will discuss knee and hip pain, latest treatments and answer orthopedic questions. Free nutritional assessments, free range of motion screenings and free body fat screenings will be offered at 11:30 a.m. at Rocklin Sunset Center, 2650 Sunset Blvd., Rocklin. Info and to register: 851-2110 or visit www.mercymobility.org.
Friday, June 19
· Family Fundraising Event, benefiting the Child Abuse Prevention Center, will be held 4:30-7:30 p.m. at The Little Gym of Placer County, 6015 Fairway Drive. Come hang out with your kids, learn about child safety and eat food. Cost is $35 per family in advance or at door. Info: Gina Roberson, 244-1935.
· Senior Video Day, will feature “The Last Mimzy,” rated PG at 1 p.m. at the Rocklin Sunset Center, room 106. Two siblings discover what appears to be a box of old toys. The more they play with these objects, the more they begin to display special talents. Starring Rhiannon Leigh Wryn and Chris O’Neill.
Saturday, June 20
· Rocklin High School’s Class of 1999 10-year reunion will be held from 7-11 p.m. at the Blue Goose in Loomis. Info and tickets: www.RHS1999.org.
· Linda Fleig “Metal Pointe” art exhibit will be held today through Aug. 1 at Rocklin Library, 5460 Fifth St. Info: 624-3133.
Sunday, June 21
· Second annual Cool Cars for a Good Cause will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 6860 Five Star Blvd. The day features Jimmy Buffet-inspired music by Garratt Wilkin & the Parrotheads, a Father’s Day classic car and motorcycle contest, live entertainment, crafts, food and dancing. Children’s identification kits will also be available from the Rocklin Police Department. Proceeds benefit Vida International and the Firefighters Burn Institution. Info: www.coolcarsevent.org.
Monday, June 22
· Mother Goose on the Loose (babies and toddlers) will be held 10:30-11 a.m. Mondays and Fridays, today through July 31. No Mother Goose will be held July 3 or 6, or in August. Info: Shari Dearing, 624-3133.
Wednesday, June 24
· Boswick the Clown, a former Ringling Brothers clown, helps children in an imaginary circus become ringmasters, clowns and acrobats at 11:30 a.m. at the Rocklin Library, 5460 Fifth St. Free. Info: Shari Dearing, 624-3133.
· Trash Bash, sponsored by Auburn Placer Disposal, will be held at 6 p.m. at the Whitney Ranch House, 851 Old Ranch House Road. The event features music and silent auction with the suggested attire of diamonds and denim. Cost is $35 per person; $60 per couple; $350 for table of eight. Info: www.rocklinchamber.com.