KidsFirst hosts diaper drive for kids in need
How to donate
Online at www.kidsfirstnow.org
Drop off at the following locations:
- KidsFirst Roseville, 124 Main St. in Roseville
- KidsFirst Auburn, 11990 Heritage Oak Place, Ste. 1B in Auburn
- KidsFirst Citrus Heights, 6939 Sunrise Boulevard, Ste. 227 in Citrus Heights
- The Dailey Method, 2766 East Bidwell in Folsom
- Fairway Chiropractic, 1805 Cirby Way No. 9 in Roseville
KidsFirst is asking businesses and individuals to love, hug and pamper local children by donating diapers and wipes to the nonprofit organization’s diaper drive, which runs from Valentine’s Day on Feb. 14 to Feb. 28.
The group hopes to collect at least 1,000 diapers to distribute to families in need. Research shows that diapers and wipes cost a family about $100 a month, per child. As “hygiene items,” they aren’t directly funded under any federal support program.
Some parents reuse diapers or leave their babies in wet diapers longer than they should. This leads to diaper rash, infections and other health problems, and to babies crying more. Additional, unnecessary crying coupled with the stress of living in poverty raises the chances of child abuse, according to KidsFirst, which formed in 1989 and is dedicated to the prevention and healing of child abuse. KidsFirst wants to ensure that no baby is left without a clean diaper.
“By helping our most vulnerable children, we help build a better community,” said CEO Lisa Velarde.