Roseville firefighters called to house explosion

Gas ‘boom’ went off near Fiddyment Road
By: Scott Thomas Anderson, Editor
-A +A

The Roseville Fire Department raced out to a reported explosion this afternoon on Corin Drive in the west part of the city.

The incident happened around 4 p.m. at a large home that sits isolated near a span of oak trees and open fields just off Hayden Parkway. According to Battalion Chief Kathy Finney, a gas stove in one of the rooms appear to have caused a significant build-up of propane fumes. Firefighters were still investigating how the gas was ignited, though confirmed the explosion rocked the house, moving walls, blasting windows and sending a couch flying outside.

“The damage to the overall home wasn’t too bad,” Finney told The Press Tribune. “It’s mostly confined to the room the explosion happened in. There is some serious structural damage with the walls in that area.”

Homes and businesses in the nearby area of Fiddyment Road were unaffected.

Roseville firefighters quickly contained what smoke and fire they found. No injuries were reported to The Press Tribune.