Rocks Rails and Ranches

Rocklin’s first documented quarry

Brigham and Hawes Quarry is on the west side of Pacific Street, behind the tire store near the corner of Pacific and Farron. It was probably the first of more than 60 quarries to e ...

Roundhouse was gateway to Sierra

Rocklin’s roundhouse was at the intersection of Front Street and Rocklin Road, east of today’s Crossroads Church. A plaque near these remnants of the west-facing roundh ...

Rocklin History Tour: Stop 1

The lake in front of Rocklin’s library at the corner of Rocklin Road and Granite Drive fills one of four granite quarries operated in the in the early 20th century by the Uni ...

Rocklin Hose Company No. 1

  In the early 1890s, demand for Rocklin’s light-gray granite building stone grew steadily and Rocklin’s quarries were at peak activity. Rocklin’s railro ...

Rocks, Rails and Ranches: Chinese expulsion became model for other communities

Editor’s Note: This is the third in a three-part series focusing on the expulsion of the Chinese residents of Rocklin in 1877. On Sept. 16, 1877, lawmen from Rocklin and Ros ...